Spicy Indian Dahl
A spicy Indian lentil soup that can be savored with Naan, the Indian flatbread, or even with rice. This healthy meal will help prevent constipation.
Include this recipe in your high fiber diet and watch your hemorrhoids fade away.
Original recipe makes 6 servings
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander seed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- Cook the lentils by boiling or pressure cooking until soft. (Pressure cooking is quicker.)
- In a skillet, heat the oil and mustard seeds. As soon as mustard seeds start to flutter, add the onions, ginger, jalapeno peppers, and garlic. Saute until the onions and garlic are golden brown. Add coriander, cumin and chopped tomatoes. Saute the mixture until tomatoes are well cooked.
- Add water. Boil 6 minutes. Add cooked lentils, stirring well. Add salt to taste, stirring well. Add finely chopped cilantro and remove from heat. Serve hot.