Print Preview Area
Yellow Rice with Meat
You can make this dish either with prepackaged rice, which comes with spice mix, or with saffron and plain rice. If you like, you can also toss shrimp in at the last minute. This is a great high-fiber meal for preventing constipation and easing hemorrhoid symptoms!
Original recipe makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pork chops
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) package yellow rice
- 1 cup peas
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, diced
- chili sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken thighs and pork chops to the skillet, and cook until meat is browned on every side, pork chops are done and chicken juices run clear. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Stir bell peppers directly into the skillet, cook until tender, and set aside. Stir in garlic and onion. Mix in bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, and cloves. Add rice to skillet, and water according to your rice package’s directions. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Put chicken, rice, pork chops, peas and peppers on the rice into the skillet. Keep cooking for 10 minutes, or until rice is tender. Throw away thyme, bay leaves and rosemary. To serve, squeeze lemon juice on the rice and meat, sprinkle with diced jalapeno, and top with chili sauce.