Easy and Quick Swiss Steak
A little bit of prep time each day in the slow cooker, and you will be surprised! It might be too good to be true! This high fiber recipe gets nice reviews! The quantity of vegetables is just an estimate; use as much or as little as you want. When it is done, you get a delicious gravy, and will have to cautiously dig for those steak pieces. All the tasty vegetables will help get some fiber in your diet, cutting down on constipation and hemorrhoid symptoms.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- 2 pounds beef cube steaks
- 3 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 3 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 4 onions, sliced into rings
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, mix the paprika, flour and salt and pepper. Dredge the steaks in the flour mixture, and put within the skillet. Brown steaks on both sides, and remove from heat.
- Using a slow cooker, alternate layers of tomatoes, steak, red bell pepper, onion, and green bell pepper.
- Cover; cook up to 6 to 8 hours on Low, until steaks are really tender.