Laura’s Quick Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
This is a simple chili recipe that you can toss in the slow cooker and then forget about until dinner. Wonderful topped with Cheddar cheese, crushed corn chips, or a dollop of sour cream. The high-fiber beans will help promote digestive health and prevent hemorrhoid symptoms from developing.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans low sodium tomato soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and cook until evenly brown; drain.
- Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, and mix in black beans, tomato soup, kidney beans, turkey and onion. Season with chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, black pepper, allspice and salt.
- Cover, and cook for 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.