Nikujaga (Japanese-style meat and potatoes)
Recipe and image from: www.allrecipes.com
Nikujaga (meat and potatoes) is a popular dish in Japan. The peas will bring some fiber to your diet, helping to prevent hemorrhoid symptoms from developing.
Nikujaga (meat and potatoes) is a popular high fiber dish in Japan. The peas will bring some fiber to your diet, helping to prevent hemorrhoid symptoms from developing.
Original recipe makes 4 servings
- 8 snow peas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 4 potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups dashi soup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
- Place the snow peas in a small saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the beef in the oil until it is brown. Add the potatoes; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Stir the sake, dashi soup, sugar and soy sauce into your mixture; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Decrease heat to low and spread the chopped onion on the mixture; let it simmer until the liquid has almost completely evaporated, for 15 minutes. Top the mixture using the snow peas to serve.