Gingery Carrot Salad
A relaxing change of pace. This high fiber tasty salad, full of carrots and raisins to help prevent constipation and hemorrhoid symptoms, only gets better after sitting in the fridge for a few days.
Original recipe makes 4 servings
- 1 pound carrots, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Boil a large pot of water. Add carrots, and continue to boil until just tender, (around 2 minutes). Rinse with cold water, drain well, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Splenda, and garlic. Season with ginger, cinnamon, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in raisins and carrots, and toss with dressing. Cover. Refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or leave sit in fridge for 1 day.